$10 / day Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam on an extreme budget? Yes! Can you afford to stay home?
The island of Phu Quoc is a favourite vacation destination for wealthy mainland Vietnamese. A little over half of the island is a national park boasting lush, jungle like terrain. A huge area of the island is currently under construction, creating a tourist city.
As the prices continue to rise with the tourist influx, there are still ways to realize a budget friendly Phu Quoc. Here are a few of my personal tips:
– Stay at Langchia Hostel for just $7 per night; includes breakfast, wifi, bedding & swimming pool
– Buy fruits and veggies at the market
– Buy Noodles in the store & make your own noodles with a kettle and big bowl (borrowed or bought) – throw on market herbs and spices for great flavor
– Buy all beverages at the market, there is a side street selling a huge variety at really good prices
– Take towel and your own food / beverages to beach 😀
I figure you could stay on the island, including lodging and food for as low as USD $10 per day?!! 🤓 Now that is a vacation on an extreme budget! Can you afford to stay home?
Hostel Prices / Booking: Hostel World – great site bringing together all of the hostels, what they offer and prices.
Let us know your average daily expenses in the comments section below.
Links of Possible Interest:
→ Phu Quoc Island / Photos
.….⇒ Stay: Gia Thanh Guest House
…..⇒ Eat: AceroLa Bar and Restaurant
…..⇒ Eat: Bia Ruou Restaurant & Micro brewery
…..⇒ Eat: Bun Cha Ha Noi / Bún Chả Hà Nội
…..⇒ Eat / Bar: Langchia Hostel & Bar
…..⇒ Eat: Quan An Mien Trung (at the night Market)
…..⇒ Eat: Quan Oc Binh Dan Restaurant
…..⇒ Eat: Quan Ra Koi / Quán Ra Khơi
…..⇒ Eat / Bar: Rory’s Beach Bar
…..⇒ Eat: Thu Phuong Restaurant
Budget Tips Location: Asia > Southeast Asia > Vietnam > Phu Quoc Island
© 2017, www.travelfooddrink.com. All rights reserved.