Guest Apartment Hotel Leander Haz 21 in Keszthely, Hungary; independent motel review.
First Impression: Beautiful, quaint, charming – clean and extremely well kept. Bonus: Dog Friendly!
Find out more about our experience in the area: Lake Balaton, Keszthely, Hungary.
Check In: was uncomfortable and unfriendly
The lady who checked us in spoke absolutely No English or German, although the sign on the gate stated that “FLUENT” english is spoken.
The fully furnished bachelor style apartment is spacious enough for two people. Our area was on the ground floor.
Accommodation: Walk into a living / sleeping area with a small table with 2 chairs, book / shelving stand, small tv on a stand, wardrobe, big bed, 2 bed tables.
Through one door is the small kitchen with a small table with 2 chairs, stove, oven, small fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, kettle, pots, pans, dishes, glasses, flatware, dish detergent, one tea towel, one sponge and a garbage can.
Through the other door is the bathroom with toilet, sink, shower and 2 bath towels. There is liquid hand soap and many shampoos. Not sure if these are included in the stay or left behind by previous guests, so perhaps not in every accommodation, nice touch in any case. There was also a hair dryer and a bucket with mop.
Outside is a beautiful garden with flowers, fruit trees, grass, sitting areas (too bad they do not make the smokers go there) and a huge vegetable garden in another area. The woman who checked us in is constantly working in the gardens. There are seating / relax areas in the inner garden as well as tables along the guest apartment fronts.
– Dripping shower; solution: lay it on the floor
– No fan or air conditioning. The heat is drastic and in combination with mosquitos and other guests intruding on privasphere, there should definitely at least be fans.
– Lots of mosquitos at night – must close the window. No fan or air conditioning so very hot. Our only relief was to open the window after turning out all the lights and electronic devices.
– Woke up in the morning to people sitting at the table directly outside our window, smoking and yakking. The table is right outside our window – look at the picture of the bedroom – it means they may as well have been sitting in our room! We get up, put some clothes on (who knows how long they have been getting a free show), and close the window. Hot again!
– The woman is a total bitch. Really, I do not understand why she is in this business…
– Need a car to go everywhere
Would I stay here again? NO
It is really unfortunate, because the place is gorgeous, clean and for the most part relaxing. However, the above mentioned problems combined with a thankless, rude manager / owner? is an absolute reason to not go back and not recommend it to anyone else.