Capri, Italy offers amazing views, great hiking opportunities, swimming and boating. In addition to these activities, if you find yourself needing more, here is a list of my top 5 favourite things to do.
5. Iconic Faraglioni – Take a boat ride through the famous tri-rock formation, I Faraglioni. Off the southern coast of Capri, it is here you have the chance to see the blue lizard as you pass through the middle rock.
4. Beautiful Gardens of Augustus – Botanical Gardens overlooking the Sea! The terrace design features gorgeous flowers and ornamental plants creating beautiful photo opportunities.
3. Grotto Verde – or the Green Cave, also know as the Emerald Grotto. The sparkling turquoise green water is a wonderful place to take a leisurely dip, slightly off the tourist trail.
2. Marina Piccola – The “little marina” is a pretty bay with a view of the Faraglioni where you can spend a serene day sunbathing, swimming and cooling off with a creamy gelato. Little restaurants and cafes offer Italian food specialties and you can finish by sipping a aromatic cappuccino.
1. Villa Jovis – Ancient ruins of a palace villa complex built by the Romans AD 27. Entrance is an affordable €2 euro (at time of publishing). The stimulating hike combined with panoramic views make this my favourite self guided excursion.
Capri, Italy – Spectacular Beauty, Honeymoon Worthy!
Capri Italy – Private Photo Album
Photo Credits with Thanks!
1 photo credit: Capri via photopin (license)
2 photo credit: By Norberto Chavez-Tapia - Flickr: Garden's Capri, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=20198350
3 photo credit: Grotto Verde via photopin (license)
4 photo credit: By No machine-readable author provided. Buckeye~commonswiki assumed (based on copyright claims). - No machine-readable source provided. Own work assumed (based on copyright claims)., CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=553590
© 2016 – 2017, www.travelfooddrink.com. All rights reserved.