The stunning first impression of the MediterraneanIsland of Santorini, Greece was the colour contrast of the white washed buildings with blue shutters, domes and accents on the backdrop of the blue sea and the blue sky!
The main source of income of the gorgeous Santorini is tourism; every summer, more than 300,000 tourists, mostly European, flock to the volcanic island to enjoy the pristine volcanic rock beaches, fabulous food and nightlife.
Capri, Italy offers amazing views, great hiking opportunities, swimming and boating. In addition to these activities, if you find yourself needing more, here is a list of my top 5 favourite things to do.
5. Iconic Faraglioni – Take a boat ride through the famous tri-rock formation, I Faraglioni. Off the southern coast of Capri, it is here you have the chance to see the blue lizard as you pass through the middle rock.
4. Beautiful Gardens of Augustus – Botanical Gardens overlooking the Sea! The terrace design features gorgeous flowers and ornamental plants creating beautiful photo opportunities.
3. Grotto Verde – or the Green Cave, also know as the Emerald Grotto. The sparkling turquoise green water is a wonderful place to take a leisurely dip, slightly off the tourist trail.
2. Marina Piccola – The “little marina” is a pretty bay with a view of the Faraglioni where you can spend a serene day sunbathing, swimming and cooling off with a creamy gelato. Little restaurants and cafes offer Italian food specialties and you can finish by sipping a aromatic cappuccino.
1. Villa Jovis – Ancient ruins of a palace villa complex built by the Romans AD 27. Entrance is an affordable €2 euro (at time of publishing). The stimulating hike combined with panoramic views make this my favouriteself guided excursion.
Photo Credits with Thanks!
1 photo credit: Capri via photopin(license)2photo credit: By Norberto Chavez-Tapia - Flickr: Garden's Capri, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=20198350
3photo credit: Grotto Verde via photopin(license)4photo credit: By No machine-readable author provided. Buckeye~commonswiki assumed (based on copyright claims). - No machine-readable source provided. Own work assumed (based on copyright claims)., CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=553590
Pisa, located in central Italy in the Tuscany, has so much more to offer than just the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa. Wandering the streets of this ancient city, I was awestruck by the beautiful Piazza dei Miracoli, the Arno River, numerous museums, chapels, churches, and Piazzas (public squares).
Agadir, Morocco – Unanticipated simplicity, friendly people, delicious food, spectacular vistas, ancient fort walls, beaches, divine teas, street vendors, and did I mention the food?! Agadir is probably best known as a seaside resort city, popular with northern Europeans as a beach destination.
Cruising, in my opinion, is one of the most enjoyable ways to travel and vacation. Whether a few days in length to several months, mega ships with endless activities or small intimate ships with personalized perfection, port intensive or long leisurely days at sea, with hundreds of cruise ships to choose from, there is something to fit every desire.
Here are 5 Reasons Why I Love Cruising: (in descending order)